April has been the month of new packages. I had a look at the task list of Debian Med and tried to finish some (older) packages or created some new ones.
Finally the following packages made it first to “unstable” and after the release of Wheezy, they migrated to “testing” as well:
– uc-echo – error correction algorithm designed for short-reads from NGS
– python-clips – Python module to interface the CLIPS expert system shell library
– visionegg – Python library for 2D/3D visual stimulus generation
– qrisk2 – cardiovascular disease risk calculator
Further there are still some packages waiting in the NEW-queue
– treeview – Java re-implementation of Michael Eisen’s TreeView
– proalign – Probabilistic multiple alignment program
The month of May will be under the banner of bug fixing and new upstream releases. But in case any other package shall be part of Debian, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In one of my projects I needed to activate TCP keepalive for some sockets. Unfortunately those sockets were handled by a library and I didn’t want to compile everything just to get this feature.
Searching the web I found this small piece of code and here is the Debian package now. Maybe someone else might find it useful as well.
As the task list of the Debian Med team is rather long and lots of packagesÂ are waiting for action, I again choosed a package from this team.
This month the winner is cluster3, which is needed to analyze genomic datasets.
The next initiative I want to start is DTPOM (Debian Team Package Of the Month).
Each month an unfinished package from the task list of a team shall be finished and added to the archive.
This month I have choosen fasttree from the Debian Med Team. Unfortunately it is still in the new-queue and waiting for processing, so there is no link to the PTS page yet.