As announced in my previous DTPOM article the month of May should be a bug squashing month. As everything worked well, I used last three months to decrease the bug count in Debian packages. Unfortunately I don’t remeber everything, so this list might be incomplete:
- Due to the help of T, who pointed me to a patch which was sent to the fpdns-user emaillist, bug 680077 disappeared.
- All meep-* packages had a problem with include files installed in the wrong directory. So development of own programs was a bit difficult. This resulted in
All bugs have been closed in Sid, but the release team doesn’t want to put it to stable!?
- Package setserial had some open bugs. Most of them resulted from a strange concept of initializing the serial port and could be closed with just some explanations:
- With the next upload of greylistd to experimental two bugs could be closed:
- Two uploads of package uucp closed a few ‘simple’ and one RC bug:
Further I created packages for some new software versions:
- all packages of the mgltools got a new version (1.5.7~rc1~cvs.20130519-1)
autodocktools, mgltools-bhtree, mgltools-cadd, mgltools-dejavu, mgltools-geomutils, mgltools-gle, mgltools-mglutil, mgltools-molkit, mgltools-networkeditor, mgltools-opengltk, mgltools-pmv, mgltools-pyautodock, mgltools-pybabel, mgltools-pyglf, mgltools-scenario2, mgltools-sff, mgltools-support, mgltools-symserv, mgltools-utpackages, mgltools-viewerframework, mgltools-vision, mgltools-visionlibraries, mgltools-volume, mgltools-webservices
- autodocksuite is now available in version 188.8.131.52-3
- saint is now available in version 2.3.4+dfsg-2
- I uploaded version 1.5.3-1 of python-cogent, but meanwhile even version 1.5.3-2 is available
- gcal got an update to version 3.6.3-2
- epigrass got an update to version 2.2.2-2, unfortunately in that version it depends on python-sqlsoup, which is still in the NEW-queue. Thus this package got an RC bug …
From my point of view 17 closed bugs and 29 updated packages within three months are a pretty good result.
The next month will be characterized by solving all problems with epigrass (and of course python-sqlsoup), mgltools-cadd (there must be a better version hidden somewhere in the sources that needs to be activated somehow) and mgltools-sff (why doesn’t it migrate to testing?). Further the TODO-list of the Debian Med UDD needs to become smaller.